13 October 2022 – Quarterly bus figures showing local bus passenger journeys and fares statistics in Great Britain for April to June 2022, have been published on the DfT website.
For the year ending June 2022, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 3.09 billion, a 55% increase
- London increased by 51%
- England outside London increased by 59%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for April to June 2022 to the same period in 2021, we see:
- a 36% increase in England
- London increased by 36%
- England outside London increased by 36%
- Scotland increased by 44%
- Wales increased by 32%
The local bus fares index increased by 4.2% in England between June 2021 and June 2022.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was:
- 5.9% increase in London
- 1.1% increase in metropolitan areas
- 4.2% increase in non-metropolitan areas
- 1.3% in Scotland
- no change in Wales
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) increased by 4.1% over the same 12-month period.
This publication covers April to June 2022, but makes reference to previous quarters during which there were some restrictions due to coronavirus (Covid-19) in Great Britain.
Read the full document: Quarterly bus statistics: April to June 2022