Controlling costs is a key element of any successful business and with driver costs often representing in excess of 40% of the total operational cost, control of this is essential. Even scheduling a small network of services can prove a complex problem, with a large number of potential duties, and finding a solution to cover the work at all, let alone an effective one, is not a simple task.
Using advanced algorithms, CrewPLAN is a leading automatic crew scheduling system which will produce a set of drivers’ duties for a network taking account of a wide range of user controlled parameters, allowing most labour agreements to be covered. With features to control elements such as route content within duties, and minimising undesirable duty types, it allows the creation of efficient schedules that are also practical in operation.
Linking with OmniBASE and OmniTIMES, CrewPLAN is not only the ideal tool for producing robust and efficient crew duty schedules for current operations, but is also essential for evaluating those “What if?” questions. What if we changed the labour agreement? What if we moved the relief point? What if we combined all our services into one duty schedule? What would the duty cost of winning this tender be? – These are all questions that can be evaluated in a matter of minutes with CrewPLAN, making it an essential planning tool for many operators.
Powerful for all types of operation, CrewPLAN demonstrates versatility in scheduling rural operations, intensive urban services and light rail networks.
- Multi level driving limit controls
- Ability to handle complex mealbreak rules for different duty types
- Suppression of undesirable duties
- Route mixture specification within duties
- Flexible objective (e.g. minimise number of duties or cost)
- Efficient passenger travelling for drivers
- Multiple-run feature to refine complex solutions
- Flexible duty types
- Clear on-screen comparison between labour agreements
- Provision for interactive adjustment of crew schedules
- Easy to use and fully integrated with the OmniBASE scheduling module
- Quickly produce efficient duties
- Easy to run ‘what if ’ scenarios
- Improves productivity
- Links with other Omnibus modules to provide a powerful management tool
Link CrewPLAN to: