Self Service Utility
Making the depot allocator’s life easier, whilst improving the level of control and accuracy of information, is something that Omnibus takes very seriously.
The latest development in this is the OmniDAS driver self service utility myDAS Touch. This allows drivers, over the company intranet/internet, to view their upcoming work, rota information, holidays and hours worked as well as request exchanges and register availability for overtime. This utility releases allocation staff from questions and administration of information, leaving them free to concentrate on getting drivers on buses.
The final step in this process has now been completed, with the launch of the mobile app version of the driver self-service myDAS Touch. This app, which can be installed on modern smart phones, ensures a secure and individual experience for drivers to access information about their work, request swaps and also to push notifications and communication between allocators and drivers.
The driver no longer needs to be at the depot to see what is going on at work, or receive an urgent message or notification.
- Modern up-to-date method of communication with staff
- Staff have their own direct access to rota details
- Swaps between staff can be requested
- Holiday dates can be checked
- Allocators can send direct messages to staff
- Staff have instant access to records removing the need to submit requests or disrupt busy Allocators
- Allocators freed up to deal with other issues such as compliance
- Make staff feel like they belong to the organisation
- A low cost direct method of keeping staff informed
- Staff no longer need to spend meal reliefs following up requests and checking other details
- Staff no longer need to be at work to confirm subsequent duty start times
- Removes errors associated with staff copying down duty details from notice boards
- Weekly hours can be checked against actual paid